1. (25 points) Mandated Reporting ResearchYou will research the specific state laws relevant to the state (Mississippi) you reside in, and report those findings here.
Open this web address in your browser:
i. Select your state (Mississippi) from the drop-down menu.
ii. Then go to topics, under child abuse and neglect, select:
– Definitions of Child Abuse and Neglect
– Mandatory Reporters of Child Abuse and Neglect
– Penalties for Failure to Report and False Reporting of Child Abuse and Neglect
iii. At the bottom of the page, under begin your search, click GO.
After reviewing each of the three above topics, summarize your findings. Do not copy the information from the website, but instead paraphrase and summarize the information in your own words, using professional writing practices.
Provide a detailed summation of how child abuse and neglect are defined and conceptualized by your state. Then provide an overview of the laws pertaining to mandated reporters. Then detail the penalties for failing to report child abuse and neglect.
2. (20 points) Exploring Resources From the crisis intervention resources, located in module 6 reading and studying area, select one of the resources, thoroughly review the content, and then develop a concise narrative, speaking about five learning points that are valuable to you from that resource. Express the learning points from the position of a human services professional, and how the document informs your preparation and practice for working with children and families. Develop a focused paragraph for each of the five learning points. Title the learning point, describe the insight gained from the source that is relevant and descriptive; then draw a conclusion about how it informs and prepares you to work with children and families.
3. (20 points) Case Response using SLAP
Sarah is a 14-year-old female who currently lives with her elderly grandmother. Sarahs mother is addicted to alcohol and was recently arrested due to involvement in methamphetamine distribution; several individuals from the community were arrested in this round-up; being a small community, everyone knows her mom was involved. She is embarrassed, and feels targeted by kids at school, as they make comments about her moms arrest, and she finds notes and images on her locker that tease and bully. Her grades have dropped over the last 6-weeks, even before her moms arrest. She has had to withdraw from extra-curricular activities because her grandmother does not drive and they live in the country, just outside of town. Her grandmothers health is not good, so she spends a lot of time in bed, but ensures that Sarah has food, and that her other needs are met. Sarah does have a 16-year-old cousin that visits her on the weekends and they ride dirt bikes, they go spelunking, they hunt for deer, rabbits and turkeys, and enjoy cliff jumping at the local lake in the summer and swimming at the public pool. The school counselor has asked for a consultation with your agency, because the art teacher is concerned about the dark themes, and graphic images Sarah portrays in her recent artwork, along with her observations that Sarah is withdrawn and seems depressed. One of her drawings appears to be of a female, who looks like Sarah, and is holding a gun in her mouth with words that state: There are worse things than being dead. Another of her drawings shows a group of kids, about her age, shouting profanities and making harsh jokes, with the image of a female standing at a high ledge jumping off. They would like you to speak to Sarah and complete a suicide risk assessment.
Using the SLAP process detailed in chapter 6 of Elements of Counseling assess the specificity, lethality, access and proximity of the case. You should develop a paragraph for each of the four elements. Describe the element, describe the details from the case that helps you assess that element, and then draw a conclusion about the severity or risk associated with the element based on your case evaluation. Repeat this for all four elements (specificity, lethality, access and proximity).
4. (5 points) ReflectionWhat crisis intervention situation, makes you anxious to think about, in regard to addressing it in future work with children, from the perspective of a human services professional? What take-aways from this weeks reading and research have been most helpful? How can you develop your skill set for addressing crisis, as a professional, and what steps can you take in the near future to be more prepared?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.