OSU The Effects of Culture in a Homosexual Family Setup Discussion Topics: Families as They Are
Read: Frank Lowe Raised by Unicorns pp. 111 – 193
Author: Frank Lowe
Publisher: Cleis Press
Essay 10 Assignment:
Choose one of these reading prompts to respond to (there are multiple parts to each reading prompt, you must answer all parts).
1. How does a culture of “Are you even allowed to do that?” (from the TedTalk) affect the child and families? How are children of LGBTQ parents harmed by social attitudes that question their family’s right to exist? Consider the voices in the stories and the TedTalk when discussing why recognition of LGBTQ families is important in a social context as well as a legal one.
2. First consider what makes a family “normal”? Create a list of 10 ideas and explain how each is a part of that “normalcy”. Next, discuss how your selected 10 ideas affect or do not affect a definition of family that can be used by the courts (justice system), government (for legislation) and socially (for identity building). Discuss each of these three things. What consequences does your constructed definition of family have for families in America? Is anyone left out? Is anyone helped or harmed? Lastly, explain why how we define a family matters.
Assignment Details: (read these directions carefully!)
• The essays for this class have specific prompts. Make sure that you read the questions carefully and consider your answers. You do have choices, but you must work with the questions that are provided.
• You must reference and cite the readings that you have chosen to discuss in your Essays
• Essays must be at least 450 words in length
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.