For each of the research topics listed below, indicate the type of nonexperimental approach that would be most useful and explain why.
1. Pushing ahead in line
3. Locating the most popular painting in an art gallery
4. Studiousness in college students
5. Determining whether a particular patient has improved with psychotherapy.
List the main sections (and subsections) of a research report.
Compare and contrast the following terms: (a) test-retest reliability with inter-rater reliability, (b) content validity with both predictive validity and construct validity, and (c) internal validity with external validity. ·
Define and describe the six steps of the scientific method. Give an example of each step.
When designing survey questions, how would you control for each of the following response styles:
(a) willingness to answer,
(b) position preference, and
(c) yea- or nay-saying?
Use Stevens model of measurement scales to answer these questions:
1. What type of scale is used when the variable is social class? Explain.
2. What type of scale is used when the variable studied is a Top 40 list of popular songs? Explain.
3. What type of scale is used when the variable studied is intelligence scores (for example, on the Stanford-Binet-R)? Explain.
4. What type of scale is used when the variables studied are low and normal birth weights of newborns? Explain.
Contrast experimental with quasi-experimental methods; generally speaking, which methods are most useful?
When is it appropriate for a researcher to use deception in a study? When is it not appropriate? How can the negative effects of deception be minimized?
Researcher Sandy Beach found a correlation coefficient of +2.3 between variables X and Y. She is thrilled because that correlation is like, way high. She also feels that this answer proves that X is like, causing Y. What are three problems with Sandys conclusions?
Contrast probability and nonprobability sampling methods; generally speaking, which methods are most useful?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.