Read A Better Life under e-Resources in the left hand column of the Content page and respond to the following questions: 1. What are your general reactions to this chapter? 2. What were the conditio
Read A Better Life under e-Resources in the left hand column of the Content page and respond to the following questions:
1. What are your general reactions to this chapter?
2. What were the conditions Dr. Thomas hoped to change when he became director of the nursing home?
3. How did his experiment alleviate these conditions?
4. Describe the experiment and the reactions of residents and staff.
5. What does the usual approach to nursing homes suggest about societal attitudes towards the elderly?
6. What basic human needs did Dr. Thomas meet with his experiment?
7. Since his approach proved successful, how do you explain why it has not been universally adopted?
By now in this course we have learned that cultural values, norms, attitudes and perceptions can all have an effect on behaviors. By now we should also realize that cross-cultural factors can also affect mental health. The assigned course readings discuss the connections between culture, personality and mental health issues. Perhaps many of you will become counselors or psychologists or social workers or nurses who must deal with mental health and psychological issues in persons with varying cultural backgrounds, For earned participation credit in this final two-week conference, you must answer the following questions.
Imagine that you are a high school counselor in a school with a culturally diverse student body.
1. A teacher refers a male student from a poor immigrant working class family to your office. The teacher is convinced that this student is highly intelligent and wants you to encourage him to continue his studies and go on to college. But he tells you that he is under family pressure to drop out and get a job to support his family. You suspect that his family is undocumented and entered the US illegally. What problems might you encounter in counseling this young man? What would you do?
2. A young female immigrant student from rural Pakistan confides to you that she is under great pressure from her family to return to their home country for an arranged marriage to a much older man to ensure the family’s financial success. However, she is very upset and wishes to remain in school here in the US. What problems might you encounter in counseling this young woman?
Answers please, no later than the end date shown in the Syllabus. As always, be specific and support your comments with citations and evidence from reputable sources for full earned credit.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.